Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichProduct and Engineering
Tanso is a purpose-driven company, aiming to remove the structural barriers that hinder corporations from reaching climate neutrality. We leverage the power of data and machine learning to help industrial manufacturing companies transition towards a lower carbon economy. We are a product-focused company using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
🚀 Your Mission
Join our engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture. Help us design a software architecture and development process that will allow us to scale rapidly in the coming years. You have an important role in bringing in best practices for software design and development processes to effectively build our scalable cloud-based B2B SaaS software. You are not afraid "to get your hands dirty" and can help us solve our most important implementation challenges.
🎯 Your Objectives
As a Senior Software Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of our development:
- Together with the rest of the product & engineering team, you rapidly ship prototypes and features in short iteration cycles to effectively deliver the most value for our customers.
- We firmly believe in "you build it, you run it" - you are responsible for testing, deploying and monitoring your code.
- As a senior engineer, you will lead code and design reviews and share your knowledge with other engineers on our team
- Bringing in your expertise, you help us make architectural decisions and define our tech stack
- As part of the product & engineering team, you strive to develop a solution to help companies to take climate action while supporting your colleagues to grow personally and professionally.
💚 Our Values
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- 💯 We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
🤍 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🖖 Skills and Requirements
- Several years of experience as a software engineer, and proven knowledge of a wide set of software development frameworks and tools.
- You are experienced in building web applications, preferably with a B2B focus.
- You have long-standing experience with code and design reviews.
- You have experience with testing strategies and automation.
- You have a deep understanding of software architecture patterns and DevOps, and experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker as well as Microsoft Azure (optional).
- You have a passion for mentoring, learning and sharing your experience with the rest of the team and supporting your team members in their development.
- You are fluent in English and open to relocate to Munich.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech.
- Would be a plus: Experience with SAP or other ERP systems.