Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichProduct and Engineering
About Tanso 🌍
One key barrier to move towards to a climate-neutral economy is the lack of data availability and transparency across companies. Aiming to remove this structural barrier, we leverage the power of data and machine learning to form the basis for a data-driven decarbonization of manufacturing companies. As a product-driven company, we’re using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
We’re developing a SaaS platform, which will make sustainability accounting as integrated, transparent, and verifiable as financial accounting and enable a low-carbon economy. If you are fascinated by developing technology that can help tackle climate change, we're the right place for you.
Your Objectives 🎯
- Together with the rest of the product & engineering team, you rapidly ship prototypes and features in short iteration cycles to effectively deliver the most value for our customers.
- You will work on our biggest implementation and debugging challenges. Additionally, we want you to lead code and design reviews and share your knowledge with other engineers on our team.
- As one of the more senior members of our team, we want you to help your colleagues (us) to grow personally and professionally.
What We Offer👐
- A strong engineering culture and ample opportunity to grow into a technical leadership role
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity package for ownership in the company as part of our VSOP program
- Subsidized sports subscription membership (gym, yoga, swimming etc.) membership via Qualitrain
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
Our Tech Stack 🛠
As engineers, we are hugely passionate about the tools that we build with. Some of them are:
- React and Nextjs
- trpc.io and Prisma ORM for seamless type safety from database to frontend.
- Playwright and Jest
Of course, our tech stack is constantly evolving as our requirements shift. We are always happy to incorporate input from new hires on tools that they are passionate about.
Our Values 💚
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions.
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic).
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent and important we make it a priority together.
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for a safe environment to grow together. Being bold but always humble and respectful.
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it. Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- You have several years (min. 4 years) of industry experience, as well as a deep understanding of software architecture patterns
- You are experienced in building web applications, preferably with a B2B focus, and ideally already have specific experience with Typescript and NextJS.
- You have long-standing experience with code and design reviews.
- You have experience with testing strategies and automation.
- You have a passion for mentoring, learning and sharing your experience with the rest of the team and supporting your team members in their development.
- You are fluent in English and open to relocate to Munich.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech.
- Important: Please only apply if you have a valid working permit in Germany (or the EU), otherwise we cannot hire you at this time.