Senior Product Manager (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichProduct and Engineering
Tanso is a purpose-driven company, aiming to remove the structural barriers that hinder corporations from reaching climate neutrality. We leverage the power of data and machine learning to help industrial manufacturing companies transition towards a lower carbon economy. We are a product-focused company using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
🚀 Your Mission
As a key pillar of our tech org, you will build up the first standalone product team for a crucial part of our solution. In close cooperation with our CTO Gyri Reiersen, you will shape and manage our product roadmap, define processes for our product and engineering team, define discovery goals and have full responsibility for a crucial element of our product which we call the sustainability manager facing frontend. You will bring in your experience to bring our product team to the next level, helping to build out key capacities such as hiring Junior PMs or Designers and improving collaboration within the company such as between sales, customer success, and product.
Being our first Product Manager, your ambition is to develop into a Head of Product role within the next 1-2 years, helping to further grow the product nization and lead multiple product teams.
🎯 Your Objectives
- Build our product organization, culture and processes: As our most experienced contributor in product, you help to establish top-tier product management practices and shape our culture and processes while setting up our organization for growth.
- Help us find product market fit: Together with our founding team, you define key discovery goals and processes on how to derive the insights needed to build the best possible product for our customers.You play an integral part in helping us find PMF.
- Manage product roadmap for your own part of our software: Owning a key customer-facing part of our software, you together with the founding team define the product roadmap for the product team, preparing our organization for our first product team split.
👐 What We Offer
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity package for ownership in the company as part of our VSOP program
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
💚 Our Values
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- 💯 We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
🤍 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🖖 Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in product management in software, ideally B2B SaaS
- Willingness and ability to build up and lead your own product team
- Absolutely impact-oriented - with a keen sense of the difference between output and outcome
- Love for working in a cross-functional team (development, design, QA)
- Entrepreneurial personality that wants to build up a product department from scratch
- Fluent in English and German, as our customers at the moment are primarily German
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech