(Senior) Customer Success Manager (m/f/x)
Munich, Bayern, GermanyProduct and Engineering
About Tanso 🌍
One key barrier to moving towards a climate-neutral economy is the lack of data availability and transparency across companies. Aiming to remove this structural barrier, we leverage the power of data and automation to accelerate the decarbonization of manufacturing companies. As a product-driven company, we’re using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
We’re developing the climate intelligence suite that enables a low-carbon economy - by automating processes in carbon accounting and laying the analytical foundation that is needed for effective emission reduction. If you are fascinated by developing technology that can help tackle climate change, we're the right place for you.
Your Objectives 🎯
Join our team and take an active role in helping companies decarbonize effectively. Your main objective is to ensure that customers are quickly and professionally onboarded in the software and able to use it to get their first carbon inventory and decarbonisation plan. As a Customer Success Manager, we expect the highest level of professional communication as the customer’s contact person at Tanso, owning all interactions and touch points. Your role includes building relationships to ensure long-term retention by presenting product information, addressing customer issues and helping the sales team with upsells and renewals. You should have a strong curiosity for carbon accounting and for the manufacturing industry, the ability to learn quickly and understand the customers pain points and convert that to software solutions.
Your Responsibilities 📑
- Professionalism: Ensure overall high-quality experience over all touch points with Tanso
- Owning the onboarding process: Make sure customers know how to use the software through workshops and webinars
- Product discovery and collaboration: Find out their key pain points and ensuring collaborative solution testing and valuable feedback together with the Product team
- Technical support: Solve technical problems with customers and handling communication with customers and the Product&Tech team
- Basic carbon accounting support: Support companies get to a certified inventory by answering their specific carbon accounting questions (emission factors, organizational boundaries, ...), and give guidance on how to approach parts of their emission calculations
- Value add/ customer obsession: Help companies derive their most relevant KPIs and analyses from our data, either in dashboard or ad hoc analyses
What We Offer 👐🏼
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Ability to have a direct impact, helping our customer to effectively decarbonize where it matters
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity package for ownership in the company as part of our VSOP program
- Subsidized sport subscription membership (gym, yoga, swimming etc.) membership via EGYM Wellpass
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
Recruiting Process 🏼🏼
1. Introduction call with Saskia - get to know Tanso and ask all of your questions
2. Case Interview - solve a typical customer success challenge
3. Role call - understand your role and meet a team member
4. Offer - congrats, we’d love to have you on the team! It’s now time to discuss the details
Our Values 💚
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions.
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic).
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent and important we make it a priority together.
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for a safe environment to grow together. Being bold but always humble and respectful.
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it. Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- You have several years (min. 2 years) of industry experience, as well as a deep understanding of technical skills and interest in software and sustainability
- You are experienced in project management, preferably with a B2B focus, and ideally already have specific experience with customers
- You are professional and have great communication skills
- You have experience with testing strategies and automation
- You have a passion for making customers succeed in their decarbonisation efforts
- You are fluent in German and English and open to relocate to Munich