Head of People and Recruiting (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichPeople and Recruiting
Tanso is a purpose-driven company, aiming to remove the structural barriers that hinder corporations to reach climate neutrality. We leverage the power of data and machine learning to help industrial manufacturing companies transition towards a lower carbon economy. We are a product-driven company using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
🚀 Your Mission
In your role, you are an essential part of the company's leadership team and help us build and scale Tanso from scratch. You will experience and drive our organizational change over various stages, helping to build a great employee experience. We believe that hiring the right people and building a great culture is the most important thing to enable Tanso to solve the immense challenge we are tackling. As we need to get and retain the best talent out there, your job is to help us find, attract, hire and grow our employees and to build a team that can scale our recruiting and HR efforts to 100+ employees.
🎯 Your Objectives
- Help us define and manage our hiring roadmap: Together with you, our business angels and investors, we want to strategically define our recruiting goals, define specific roles and develop strategies that attract the best talent out there.
- Build up our (tech) recruiting department: To meet our hiring goals, we will heavily invest in building up sourcing and recruiting processes that scale at the same speed as our company does. You will be responsible for defining and prioritizing relevant recruiting channels together with the founding team and coming up with (creative) ideas on how to convince candidates.
- Build up scalable, best-in-class HR processes: Our ambition level is to provide transparent, reliable and fair processes to all of our team members. You help the founding team define standard processes, design governance principles and communicate leadership decisions.
- Help us build a great employee experience: We want our team members to bring their full self to work. This means bringing together different people with a variety of expectations. Your role includes working together with the management team on creating the best platform for our employees to enjoy the ride while working on the company's mission. Starting from team events, feedback processes, flexibility regarding specific work requirements - we will never stop working on making Tanso a better and more inclusive workplace.
👐 What We Offer
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- The clear perspective of building up your own team from scratch
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity package for ownership in the company as part of our VSOP program
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
💚 Our Values
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- 💯 We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
🤍 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🖖 Skills and Requirements
- Relevant work experience in Recruiting, HR, or similar fields (3+ years)
- Clear ambition to build up a team and lead both Recruiting and HR
- Demonstrated independent working style and leadership skills
- Caring and approachable personality with no-ego attitude
- Experience in fast-paced work setups (e.g. Startup, Venture Capital, Consulting)
- Fluent in English and German
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech