Fullstack Software Engineer (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichProduct and Engineering
About Tanso 🌍
We are a recently founded (and funded) startup looking to revolutionize the way companies track and report their carbon emissions. Our software aggregates data across many existing systems in a transparent and verifiable manner, and then helps sustainability managers generate insights and reports from this data.
Your Objectives 🎯
We are looking for creative and driven Fullstack Developers to join our growing engineering team and accelerate our product development:
- Together with the rest of the product & engineering team you will develop a B2B SaaS Webapp, with backend integrations into a wide range of industrial software.
- As we are at an early stage in our development, you will have the opportunity to explore new ideas and rapidly develop prototypes.
- You will help us tackle our biggest implementation and debugging challenges. Additionally, we want you to participate in code and design reviews and share your knowledge with other engineers on our team.
- We firmly believe in "you build it, you run it" - you are responsible for testing, deploying and monitoring your code.
Our Tech Stack 🛠
As engineers, we are hugely passionate about the tools that we build with. Some of them are:
- React/Nextjs written in Typescript
Of course, our tech stack is constantly evolving as our requirements shift. We are always happy to incorporate input from new hires on tools that they are passionate about.
What We Offer 👐
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- We are a small team and every one of our engineers has strong ownership of specific parts of our product.
- Competitive compensation package
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
Our Values 💚
- Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
Equal Opportunities for Everyone 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Skills and Requirements 🖖
- Important: Please only apply if you have a valid working permit in Germany (or the EU), otherwise we cannot hire you at this time.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience (4 years or more).
- You have considerable experience in developing web applications and have used frameworks such as Django, Spring Boot, Express and others.
- You are familiar with SQL.
- You have experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker.
- You have a passion for learning and growing with us.
- You are fluent in English and open to relocate to Munich.
- You have a genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech.