Founder's Associate Working Student / Intern (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichGeneral
About Tanso 🌍
One key barrier to moving towards a climate-neutral economy is the lack of data availability and transparency across companies. Aiming to remove this structural barrier, we leverage the power of data and machine learning to form the basis for the data-driven decarbonization of manufacturing companies. As a product-driven company, we’re using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way. If you are fascinated by developing technology that can help tackle climate change, we're the right place for you.
Your Mission 🚀
We’re currently looking for two roles within the commercial/business team. In both, you will help us in scaling sales operations and building up this company from scratch. You’ll be part of the exciting phase of being 10+ people, preparing to scale to 20+ in the near future. We’re therefore looking for diligent, motivated people that are interested in climate tech and sustainability. You're ready to take over responsibility for crucial projects and tasks and want to do your part in bringing Tanso to the next level.
Your Objectives 🎯
- Sales/ Business Development Working Student: Work directly with our founders and founder’s associate on finding and qualifying leads, drafting outreach messages and calling companies. Support us in finding, targeting and converting companies as short-team operational support. This role is flexible in working hours & remote/in-office working.
- Founder’s Associate Intern: Work together with our founders and founder’s associate on managing our sales pipeline, convincing new customers and preparing key documents. Support us in implementing processes and tools to prepare to scale Tanso. Work on a mix of strategic and operational tasks.
What We Offer 👐
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Competitive compensation package
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
Our Values 💚
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill).
- 🧠. Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic).
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent and important we make it a priority together.
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for a safe environment to grow together. Being bold but always humble and respectful.
- 💯. We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process).
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it. Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Important: Please only apply if you have a valid working permit in Germany (or the EU), otherwise we cannot hire you at this time.
- Study background from renowned university, e.g. in business administration, technology management, informatics, engineering or similar
- Track record of exceptional engagement and results (e.g. university, sports, social initiatives)
- First internship experience in a fast-paced team environment like startup, venture capital or strategy consulting
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment
- Proficiency in assessing and presenting decisions analytically, using e.g. Excel modelling
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability and climate action
- Entrepreneurial personality with a passion for technology
- Fluent in English and German