Founder's Associate Intern - Generalist (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichGeneral
Tanso is a purpose-driven company, aiming to remove the structural barriers that hinder corporations to reach climate neutrality. We leverage the power of data and machine learning to help industrial manufacturing companies transition towards a lower carbon economy. We are a product-driven company using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
🚀 Your Mission
In your role, you help the founding team with building up the company from scratch. As a key contributor in the first days of the company, you will experience the exciting phase from building our company from 5 to 10 people right after closing our pre-seed round. This challenge requires prioritizing what to build when, preparing our company to scale to 20+ employees in the near future. We therefore are searching for an entrepreneurial generalist ready to tackle this challenge to assist our founding team. You are ideally someone who wants to start her/his own company in the future, ready to take over full responsibility for crucial projects on bringing Tanso to the next level.
🎯 Your Objectives
- Help us build up the company from scratch: Work directly with our COO and the founder's associate on implementing key processes and tools to prepare scaling Tanso. This might include preparing make or buy decisions, steer the selection and implementation of critical business tools, automating workflows or help us to better attract talent to join our mission.
- Work on strategic projects with our Sales- and Product-team: Work together with our CEO and the founder's associate on managing our sales pipeline, convincing new customers and preparing key documents for sales and investor reporting. Assist our product team with hypothesis-driven research and contribute to important decisions in our product roadmap by bringing in your analytical strengths
👐 What We Offer
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Competitive compensation package
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
💚 Our Values
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- 💯 We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
🤍 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🖖 Skills and Requirements
- Study background from renowned university, e.g. in business administration, technology management, informatics, engineering or similar
- Track record of exceptional engagement and results (e.g. university, sports, social initiatives)
- First internship experience in a fast-paced team environment like startup, venture capital or strategy consulting
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment
- Proficiency in assessing and presenting decisions analytically, using e.g. Excel modelling
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability and climate action
- Entrepreneurial personality with a passion for technology
- Fluent in English (Fluency in German is a plus)