Founder's Associate - Generalist (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichGeneral
About Tanso 🌍
One key barrier to move towards to a climate-neutral economy is the lack of data availability and transparency across companies. Aiming to remove this structural barrier, we leverage the power of data and machine learning to form the basis for a data-driven decarbonization of manufacturing companies. As a product-driven company, we’re using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
We’re developing a SaaS platform, which will make sustainability accounting as integrated, transparent, and verifiable as financial accounting and enable a low-carbon economy. If you are fascinated by developing technology that can help tackle climate change, we're the right place for you.
Your Mission 🚀
In your role, you help the founding team with building up the company from scratch. As one of the first employees of the company, you will experience the exciting phase from building our company from 10 to 30 people after closing our pre-seed round. This challenge requires prioritizing what to build when, preparing our company to scale to 30+ employees in the near future. We, therefore, are searching for an entrepreneurial generalist ready to tackle this challenge to assist our founding team. You are ideally someone who wants to start her/his own company in the future, ready to take over full responsibility for crucial projects on bringing Tanso to the next level.
Your Objectives 🎯
- Help us build up the company from scratch: Work directly with our COO on implementing key processes and tools to prepare scaling Tanso. This might include preparing make or buy decisions, steer the selection and implementation of critical business tools, automating workflows or help us to better attract talent to join our mission
- Work on strategic projects with our Sales- and Product-team: Work together with our CEO on managing our sales pipeline, convincing new customers and preparing key documents for sales and investor reporting. Assist our product team with hypothesis-driven research and contribute to important decisions in our product roadmap by bringing in your analytical strengths
What We Offer 👐
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Work closely with our ambitious founding team who, among others, worked at Bain & Company, McKinsey, Amazon, Picus Capital, Project A and helped build up several startups ranging from Pre-Seed to Series C
- Very competitive and entrepreneurial compensation package with relevant equity component
- Subsidized sport subscription membership (gym, yoga, swimming etc.) membership via Qualitrain
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
Our Values 💚
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill).
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic).
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent and important we make it a priority together.
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for a safe environment to grow together. Being bold but always humble and respectful.
- 💯. We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process).
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it. Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks.
Equal Opportunities for Everyone 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Important: Please only apply if you have a valid working permit in Germany (or the EU), otherwise we cannot hire you at this time.
- Top of your class at a renowned university, e.g. in business administration, technology management, informatics, or similar
- Track record of exceptional engagement and results (e.g. university, sports, social initiatives)
- Relevant work experience in a high-performance environment like startup, venture capital, or strategy consulting
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech
- Entrepreneurial personality with a passion for technology and startups
- Willingness and ambition level to 10x this company and its impact
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment
- Proficiency in assessing and presenting decisions analytically, using e.g. Excel modeling
- Fluent in English (Fluency in German is a plus)