Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
Germany, Bayern, MunichProduct and Engineering
Tanso is a purpose-driven company, aiming to remove the structural barriers that hinder corporations to reach climate neutrality. We leverage the power of data and machine learning to help industrial manufacturing companies transition towards a lower carbon economy. We are a product-driven company using state-of-the-art technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
🚀 Your Mission
Join our engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture. Help us design a software architecture and development process that will allow us to scale rapidly in the coming years.
🎯 Your Objectives
As a Backend Engineer you will contribute to our core systems:
- Together with the rest of the product & engineering team, you rapidly ship prototypes and features in short iteration cycles to effectively deliver the most value for our customers.
- You will build a robust and scalable web application using FastAPI in Python (with type checking using mypy and runtime type assertions with pydantic). We run background tasks using Celery.
- We firmly believe in "you build it, you run it" - you are responsible for testing, deploying and monitoring your code.
- As part of the product & engineering team, you strive to develop a solution to help companies to take climate action while supporting your colleagues to grow personally and professionally.
👐 What We Offer
- A highly motivated environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams
- Competitive compensation package
- A great, modern and sustainable office in the middle of Munich
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget
💚 Our Values
- 🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions. If our hiring process is strong, our team member will put in the work necessary to navigate around unknown territory (= growth mindset beats hard skill)
- 🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic)
- 🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent + important we make it a priority together
- 🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for. Being bold but always humble and respectful
- 💯 We don't fill jobs, we hire great people: Transparent hiring process (Timeline, Process, Expectations, Reference Calls). Make every hire feel special (Job Offer, Communication, Onboarding Process)
- 🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it → Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks
🤍 Equal Opportunities for Everyone
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
🖖 Skills and Requirements
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- You have considerable experience in developing web applications and have used frameworks such as Flask, Django, Express and others.
- You are familiar with SQL.
- You have experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker.
- You have a passion for learning and growing with us.
- You are fluent in English and open to relocate to Munich.
- You have a genuine interest in and curiosity about sustainability tech.