Account Executive (m/f/x)
Munich, Bayern, GermanySales
Become part of Tanso and leverage your sales expertise for climate impact.
Join our team and take an active role in helping companies to decarbonize effectively. Your main objective is to sell Tanso, make sure our sales operations run smoothly and that we hit our ambitious goals. We’re now switching from founder-led sales to a dedicated sales department.
As our first Account Executive, you work together with the CEO, as well as our Sales Lead & Team to build and refine our sales and GTM strategy, while working on the front lines of enterprise sales, interacting with C-level executives and other potential buyers of our software.
In your role, you own the whole process from opportunity identification to deal closing. As a key contributor to our commercial success, you work closely with our CEO and our Sales Lead on achieving our revenue targets.
How you succeed 💪🏼
Sell Tanso 🪝
- Spark interest. Work with our BDR to build up a pipeline to nurture.
- Show value. Conduct tailored product demos with the help of our product & sustainability team showcasing the value our solution offers.
- Close deals. Accompany leads through the entire buyer’s process, negotiate win-win deals and finish the paper work. Ensure a smooth handover to customer success to deliver value as soon as possible.
Run Tanso’s Sales operations 🤹
- Take responsibility. Work together with BDRs, Growth, Marketing and Product to ensure the Tanso sales machine is running smoothly.
- Design your own approach. Conceptualise your own materials and leverage our existing tooling to find and convince leads.
- Never stop improving. Find ways to strategically improve existing processes and maximise efficiency.
Stay on top of things 📈
- Provide industry insights. Attentively collect insights and forward them to our product team to keep delivering on actual needs.
- Track your metrics. Be on top of your game and know your indicators by heart to achieve your goals.
- Build expertise in B2B SaaS. Exchange with leading voices in the industry and leverage the secret sauce of SaaS sales.
Whom you will be working with 🏼🏼
- Till (CEO), one of our founders, who is currently running most of our sales efforts and leads the business strategy
- Tina (Growth), who is currently ramping up our growth engine, from structuring Hubspot to creating marketing campaigns
- Sales Lead (hired!)
- Business Development Representatives (hiring!)
- Sales Interns & Working Students
Hiring Process 📬
- Culture & Personal Fit with Saskia - get to know Tanso and ask all your questions
- Role Introduction with Till - understand your role and see how you will be working with
- Deep dive with Till and our Sales Lead + Team Lunch - get a feeling for the tasks ahead of you and meet your future colleagues
One key barrier to moving towards a climate-neutral economy is the lack of data availability and transparency across companies. Aiming to remove this structural barrier, we leverage the power of data and automation to accelerate the decarbonization of manufacturing companies. As a product-driven company, we’re using the hottest technology and scientific research to tackle climate change the right way.
Our climate intelligence suite enables a low-carbon economy by automating processes in carbon accounting and laying the analytical foundation that is needed for effective emission reduction.
To power our growth, we have raised a total of 8.2m€ from Capnamic, UVC Partners, the European Union, Picus Capital and Possible Ventures in our Pre-Seed and Seed Round.
What to expect 👀
- We’re here to decarbonize the industry - and want you to be, too. That’s why you will receive a very competitive and entrepreneurial compensation package with a relevant equity component.
- We’re a team that embraces the unknown. We work in cross-functional teams to tackle ambitious challenges, provide feedback on everything we see, and are passionate about asking the "dumb" questions.
- We’re a distinct set of people. That’s what makes it an awesome experience. Coming from diverse background, disciplines and cultures and bringing in our unique views is at the core of what we do. We’re always eager to learn from one another.
- We offer an environment that puts your needs first. You’ll get access to sponsored EGYM Wellpass to find inner peace at Yoga or your inner monkey at bouldering. Putting your needs first also applies to your tech - are you team Mac or Thinkpad?
- We’re here for fun, too. From Friday events to company offsites in the Alps or daily Kicker and darts sessions.
Our values 💚
🕊️ Trust in people: We trust that people are by default working for the right reasons and having good intentions.
🧠 Learning culture: Direct, actionable and frequent feedback (among each other, upwards, downwards). Embrace the unknown (if you ask a good question, it's likely this already makes you the person with the most knowledge about the topic).
🧗♀️ Never let another person fail: We're always there for each other as a team. If it's urgent and important we make it a priority together.
🗣️ Honesty and direct communication: Honesty isn't a one way street - it requires everyone to allow for a safe environment to grow together. Being bold but always humble and respectful.
🤜 Ownership & At cause attitude: At cause culture - If it's broken, let's fix it. Embrace the things we're not good at yet and empower every team member to be best equipped to deliver at their best. We'll make (many) mistakes - Let's celebrate our f*ck ups but let's make sure that we flag issues early and offer full transparency on roadblocks.
Equal Opportunity 🤍
Tanso is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
P.S.: You're wondering why there isn't a list of concrete skill requirements in the job description? We believe it's more important that you are excited about the role and want to grow with it, instead of fulfilling some specific high-level requirements. We think there can be numerous different paths that could qualify you for this role, and we want to hear YOUR story.